Today on the blog, we’re being #inspiredbybeef! I’ve always been a fan of beef since my first taste as a young child. Fun fact: plain cheeseburgers (juicy all-beef burger, sharp cheddar and a seeded bun only please) are my absolute favorite food. But beef is more than just juicy burgers, steak, and a pizza topping. It’s super versatile and is a great addition to any dish! Looking for an extra protein boost before your workout? A 3 ounce (about the size of your smart phone) serving contains only 150 calories and has less than 10 grams of fat. It’s also chock-full of zinc, iron, vitamins B6 and B12, and other good-for-you things! It also meets 50% of the recommended daily value of protein. Toss it into a tasty salad or rice bowl to help power you through your cardio session.
The star of this dish is definitely the “salad” – oodles of noodles, fresh veggies, sweet mango and crunchy peanuts, topped with a delicious homemade ginger dressing and slices of warm filet mignon. It’s a sweet, savory and sour party in your mouth! What I enjoy most about this noodle salad is that you can add or omit any of the veggies and it will still taste yummy! It’s also healthy and so colorful- perfect to add to any dinner spread.
- 1 pound filet mignon
- 3 ounces udon noodles or similar –prepared according to package directions, drained and chilled
- 1 cup cabbage – shredded
- 1 handful of shredded carrots
- 1 cucumber – thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 handful of diced mango
- 1/3 cup peanuts - chopped in pieces
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons neutral flavored oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional if you want your dressing less spicy)
- Mix all of the Dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Season the filet mignon with salt and pepper, sear in a hot cast iron skillet for 2 minutes each side then put in oven under broiler for 2-3 more minutes, let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing into small slices.
- Prepare your noodles according to the package directions. Be sure to drain and rinse with cold water.
- Assemble the rest of your salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss with dressing, cold noodles and steak.
- Serve salad on plate or in bowls, be sure to sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top.
- You can add other veggies if you would like to this salad.
Interested in learning more about the Florida Beef Council? They have lots of great information on their website, Facebook page and Twitter as well as some drool-worthy photos on Instagram, recipes and cooking tips on Pinterest and some fun videos on their Youtube channel. Be sure to check them out!
If you’re craving more beef inspiration, my fellow Sunday Supper Tastemakers have created some yummy recipes. Click through and be #inspiredbybeef for Sunday Supper tonight!
- Balsamic Steak and Grilled Peach Salad by Casa de Crews
- Beef and Cheddar Risotto by My World Simplified
- Beef, Brie and Onion Jam Canapes by Family Around The Table
- Creamy Polenta with Shredded Beef Braised in a Tomato Wine Sauce by Girl Abroad
- Grilled Steak Fajita Quinoa Bowls by Katie’s Cucina
- Joe’s Special by Family Foodie
- Korean Bibimbap by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mini Beef Wellingtons by Cricket’s Confections
- Roast Beef Sliders topped with Smoked Gouda and Caramelized Onions by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs Bowl by Having Fun Saving and Cooking
- Steak & Farro Rainbow Salad by Go Epicurista
- Steak and Eggs Benedict Crostini by Life Tastes Good
- Steak Frites by April Golightly
- Thai Noodle Steak Salad by Dessert Geek
- Vaca Frita Rice Bowl by Love and Confections
- Speaking Beef: A Handy Guide to International Beef Cuts by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Florida Beef Council in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.